A weekend for 6th to 12th grade youth to retreat from the everyday in a secure space getting closer to God.
Refuge Youth Retreat’s planning team unites members of various United Methodist Churches throughout the Baltimore Washington Conference. While our home congregations are at different stages of the discernment process for the inclusion of LGBTQIA individuals, the leadership team of Refuge Youth Retreat is united in welcoming all people into full participation and leadership regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, physical and mental ability, nation of origin, immigration status, socio-economic status, and political ideology.
Cost: The cost for Refuge Youth Retreat will be $160 for each participant. Fee increases to $180 after November 1, 2019. This covers the cost of lodging, all retreat activities, 5 meals, T-shirt, and materials.
Main/Keynote Speaker: Rev. Dr. Laura Blauvelt (bio available here)
Worship Leaders: Iris and Tori Saunders (bio available here)
Registration: Registration is now open.
If you wont be attending this year but would like to support Refuge Youth Retreat, you can donate to help make it even better.
Refuge Planning Team:
- Rev. Jennifer Karsner, Lead Pastor Asbury UMC Arnold
- Rev. Katie Bishop, Pastor Greater Brunswick Charge
- Rev. Chris Broadwell, Pastor Eastport United Methodist Church
- Yost, Emmanuel UMC
- Arlene Chen, Emmanuel UMC
- Megan Blizzard, Westminster UMC
- Donna Meoli, Emmanuel UMC Youth Director
- Scott Karsner, Asbury UMC Youth Director
- Rev. Giovanni Arroyo, General Commission on Religion and Race
- Rev. Kate Mackereth Fulton, St. Paul’s Kensington
Send Us a Message
Copyright Refuge – All rights reserved