A weekend for 6th to 12th grade youth to retreat from the everyday in a secure space getting closer to God.
Refuge Youth Retreat’s planning team unites members of various United Methodist Churches throughout the Baltimore Washington Conference. While our home congregations are at different stages of the discernment process for the inclusion of LGBTQIA individuals, the leadership team of Refuge Youth Retreat is united in welcoming all people into full participation and leadership regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, physical and mental ability, nation of origin, immigration status, socio-economic status, and political ideology.
The Refuge Youth Retreat is scheduled for March 18-20, 2022. More information coming soon.
If you would like to support Refuge Youth Retreat, you can donate to help make it even better.
Prior Year Information:
Refuge Planning Team:
- Scott Karsner (He/Him), Youth Director at Asbury UMC [Volunteer Coordinator at Refuge]
- Rev. Jennifer Karsner (She/Her), Lead Pastor at Asbury UMC Arnold
- Donna Meoli (She/Her), Youth Director at Emmanuel UMC
- Rev. Chris Broadwell (He/Him), Pastor at Eastport United Methodist Church
- Iris Saunders
- Tori Saunders
- Kris Neale (She/Her), Youth Volunteer at Asbury UMC Arnold [Secretary at Refuge]
- Jenn Shipley (She/Her), Director of Young People at Calvary UMC Mr. Airy [Registrar at Refuge]
- Smith Emily Broadwell, Eastport UMC
- Rev. Emily Berkowitz, Pastor
- Micah Smart, Youth Pastor at St. Pauls Kensington
- Rev. Kate Mackereth Fulton, St. Paul’s Kensington
- Eric Bowman, Volunteer at Asbury UMC Arnold
Send Us a Message
Copyright Refuge – All rights reserved